A List of Types of Graphic Artist Jobs
Figuring Out The Job You Want. The world of computer artist work is filled with lots of different types of jobs. Right now you might be thinking by job type like the type you see listed in the classified section of the want ads.
- Contract job with a person or business which provides services to another entity under terms specified in a contract.
- Freelance job worker is somebody who is self-employed and is not committed to a long term employer.
- Full-time job is employment in which the employee works the full number of hours defined by employer.
- Part-time job is a form of employment that carries fewer hours per week than a full-time job.
- Vocational job is education and training that prepares trainees for jobs that are based on manual or practical activities.
- Volunteer job is the job practice of people working without payment for their time and services.
It is the type of jobs that exist in the real world that nobody talks about. No one will ever set you down and tell you about them. You have to figure them out on your own, often by encountering and experiencing them first hand. Just as there are dead end jobs, there art jobs that set you on the right path in life, that make you feel like heaven. Bellow is the short list of professions and job postings that might attract your attention.
Position: Graphic Artist / Packaging designer / Production Artist
Seeking a part-time in house designer to report to the Art Director and work on designs for new product introductions, Product packaging, File maintenance, Digital Asset Management, Sell sheets, Price sheets, Posters, Brochures, Email campaigns and other marketing material as assigned. Support Marketing Coordinator as needed. This is an exciting opportunity with an award winning magazine…
Position: Graphic Artist - Flash - Photoshop - Illustrator – Gaming
If you are a Graphic Artist with Flash, Illustrator and Photoshop experience, please read on! What you need for this position:- Maya strongly preferred (not necessarily required), but Photoshop, Illustrator, Flash, Video and Sound skills are required.- Undergraduate degree in Film, Visual Art degree.
What you'll be doing:
- Trace hand art to vector art for creating original assets
- Create marketing advertising assets for online and in-game use
- Capture high quality, epic footage from up-to-date versions of multiple, in-development game projects
- Edit and direct short videos, including mix and sound design, for use in both promotional campaigns and internal presentations – on time and at high quality
- Work with varying levels of supervision and creative direction, ranging from complete autonomy to working with a producer and other artists to create assets
Position: Video Game Modeler - PS3 – Xbox
Artist - Character - Console - PS3 - Xbox - Wii - Lead - Z-brush -Max – Maya. If you are a Video Game Modeler that has released titles for consoles, please read on! What you need for this position:- 3+ years experience as a lead modeler in console based video games. Must have released titles on a video game platform - Xbox, PS3, or Wii- Expert knowledge in Z-Brush.
What you'll be doing:
- Leading a team of modelers and artists in the development of the next generation of characters in the 3D Video Gaming Industry
- Establish and maintain the production requirements to enforce both technical and aesthetic coherence.
- Train, lead, and mentor the modeling team
- Review work and create documentation outlining specific task requirements and revisions to modeling team.
Position: Freelance 3D CGI Artist
Location: Manhattan, Status: Freelance, Estimated Duration: Months, Starts: ASAP, Rate: DOE, Job Description: Our client, a high-end luxury car brand is seeking a CGI Artist to join their team immediately! The ideal candidate will have strong experience working within 3D car imagery. Still imagery is preferred because of the attention to detail needed for this project….
Workers in other occupations in the art and design field include:
- Artists and related workers
- Commercial and industrial designers
- Fashion designers
- Floral designers
- Interior designers
- Computer software engineers and computer programmers
- Desktop publishers
- Advertising, marketing, promotions, public relations, and sales managers
- Authors, writers, and editors
- Technical Photographers
- Prepress technicians and workers
And many more